Try A New Thing And Live In Zealous Ebbs.

try a new thing and live in zealous ebbs.

Saturday, August 27, 2011

second city class recital. 10.

Oh hi!
Wow! Day 10 of TANTALIZE'ing! Sweet.

Today my TANTALIZE was that I went to my first Second City improv class recital.  Went out to support our friend Ollie who is the king of high fives and mixes a mean drink at my favorite bar.

He was great, and it reminded me that while I never really got into improv myself, I always enjoyed doing it when we were "forced" to in school (it's also the most terrifying section in your first few acting classes in college) and it made me want to go take a class or at least find some people to practice with. I'm a little worried that I might not be into the vibe of people that are naturally drawn to improv (no offense guys, but you "drawn to improv" types have to be taught not to steam roll...Ollie was excellent at the "yes, and") but it also might just be a blast. And I've never taken an improv class outside of the safety of a college environment. Maybe that'll have to be a TANTALIZE. It certainly would be scary and risky. Hmmmm...

I also hadn't been into the main stage space at Second City since I was, oh, I dunno, ten or eleven maybe (I know I know I'm the worst). My dad use to take us there all the time for their children's shows. Maybe I should just go one night. It IS Second City, after all.

standin' outside.

We took the train down and walked around Old Town a little bit and  (ok ok get ready, I'm about to admit that I watch HGTV's Design Star on Hulu) there was a woman I recognized sitting in a car in a driveway. It was TOTALLY this woman, Meg, from that show. I sure did want to tap on her window and tell her that I think her designs are cute and ask her if she won the show. I doubt that she did, but, I dunno, fun to recognize her! Fake celebrity and reality TV stardom is such a strange and wacky thing.

How did you TANTALIZE today?

No comments:

Post a Comment