Try A New Thing And Live In Zealous Ebbs.

try a new thing and live in zealous ebbs.

Friday, August 19, 2011

three (and a new) flavors. 2.

oh, hi!

I have a new obsession. It's called Italian ice. I'm sure you've heard of it. If you haven't, for shame. Get on Google maps and do a "search nearby" for Italian ice. Come back and thank me later.

I recently discovered a placed called Anthony's that has the best ice I've had in the city. It's not overly sweet, it's incredibly creamy (no dairy to be found!), and the flavors are like some fruit took some boxing lessons, spent the night in a freezer having strategy meetings, and when you meet him on the street he's all HEY! I OWN THIS BLOCK! BAM! Take THAT, taste buds of a stranger!!

Anyway.

Last time I was there they had honeydew melon.
Sorry. I just drooled on the keyboard.

When I was a little kid, my world was changed the day I realized that I could mix slurpee flavors. Other ice places I've been to allows you to mix two flavors. The other day when I was in there I mentioned (after I'd already ordered a passion fruit/honeydew melon) that I WISH I could have just A LITTLE of another. The nice young man behind the counter said, "oh! well, there are three scoops in a medium size, so you could get a scoop of each next time!" My "next time" was this afternoon.

So far my favorite flavors have been black cherry (holy shnikes I can't even describe it) and passion fruit. I MEANT to order passion fruit, watermelon, and black cherry...and my TANTALIZE for the day was GOING to be that I ordered THREE flavors IN ONE CUP.

But no. I accidentally ordered black RASPBERRY instead of the cherry. It was good! Not as good as the cherry. But my one new thing turned into two today, as the black raspberry was a new flavor for me.

See? I never said these would all be life changing. (But seriously, go and try the black cherry. That IS life changing.)

sneaky black raspberry right next to black cherry
 What a lovely after work treat.


labeled, too tiny to read, for your convenience (or not)

How did you TANTALIZE today?

No comments:

Post a Comment