Try A New Thing And Live In Zealous Ebbs.

try a new thing and live in zealous ebbs.

Monday, August 29, 2011

walk around skokie. 11.

Oh hi!
Darn, guys! I didn't do ANYTHING new yesterday! How is that possible!? This should be 12. But it's 11. Boo. I was on such a great streak. Oh well. I did do something new today, though. Fear not. Our hero has not lost her way.

Today's TANTALIZE was, in my mind, impossible to believe until I had the very strange experience of realizing that it was the first time I'd ever done it. I took a walk around downtown Skokie as an adult, alone.

I grew up in Skokie, and as a kid went to the 4th of July parade in the "downtown" area, and hung out at the library, and went to the farmer's market, but today while I was waiting for my car to be serviced I decided to take a walk instead of waiting around at an auto repair place for an hour. I was walking around, looking in little shop windows that I'd passed in the car a million times (most of which I've still never been inside of) and then I realized...Wow! I've never walked around down here by myself!

I know, it's bizarre. But hey, once I realized it was a TANTALIZE I doubled the length of the walk, exploring down side streets that I'd never been down and sat in the gazebo at the corner of Lincoln and Oakton.

Photo to follow when I can find the memory stick adapter thing. This is why I can't have nice things.

How did you TANTALIZE today?

No comments:

Post a Comment